Forming a Club Team
Campus Recreation and the club sports program recognize that sport-related student organizations might wish to seek recognition as a registered club sport. Registered student organizations must meet and maintain the following minimum criteria before applying to become a club sport:
- Must be a registered Auburn University student organization with permanent status and in good standing for at least one year.
- Minimum of 10 active members.
- Must be an active member of a national governing body.
- Must be actively competing in a state/regional collegiate league/conference or competing in at least three collegiate division competitions per year.
- Must demonstrate leadership transition beyond founding members.
- The club’s purpose and activity is appropriate and consistent with Campus Recreation’s purpose and philosophy.
- A minimal amount of risk is involved in the activity.
- Suitable on-campus or off-campus facilities are available where the club can meet, practice and hold competitions.
- Must be financially self-reliant and must continue operating in such a capacity during a one-year probation period before any Auburn University club sports funding becomes available.
- Must possess own start up equipment.
- Student needs/interests that the club hopes to meet, are not being currently offered in the club sports program or met elsewhere on campus.